Creativity for Conservation
We need to take actions NOW toward saving and protecting endangered wildlife, to ensure that future generations can enjoy them.
Philosophy: Engage - not enrage!
Reach, teach, engage and communicate with a world-wide audience and to raise awareness and funds to save our precious Australian animals.
How we support Australian conservation:
- Create unique and inspiring original art
- Raise money through sales and awareness and support through campaigns
- Communicate well to raise awareness of Australian native wildlife and issues around their survival in natural habitats
- Connect you to conservation projects, programs and organisations doing great work
- Deliver innovative advocacy, educational resources and campaigns.
Education - free colouring-in activity sheets
Advocacy and education events - get involved
Contributions, fundraising and awareness
As a new, artisan business, Wildcard-Sue has only started to trade well at markets toward the end of 2022. Much of the money earned through sales of products has gone back into the development of content and printing of activity sheets that are handed out for free to children all over Sydney. The reality is, small artisan businesses like this are not profitable. We just turn over for years!
Here are a few dedicated campaigns where contributions are raised from sales.
- 2022 - March - June - $1 from market sales - $250 raised and donated to WIRES
- 2022 - September and ongoing - Save Our Bees supporting Rotarians for Bees through donations from sales of the bee range
Clean-up Clifton Gardens
Collaborations: art, education and community
We support established organisations that share our positivity, passion and are ‘hands-on’ in conservation and education. It's more powerful when we work together...and it's more fun!
- Marine Dream education display - 21 May 2023 - ongoing at Sydney Eisteddfod, Chippendale.
- Marine Dream in Botany Bay - 14-week solo exhibition at La Perouse Museum - Randwick City Council 14 Feb-21 May 2023
- Marine and Coastal Discovery program presenter 2023 - Randwick City Council
- Presentation and Sustainability Festival with Lane Cove Rotary Club - 2022 and 2023
- Rotarians for Bees collaboration, fundraising and awareness raising - 2022 and 2023
- CuttleFest 2023 - volunteering, workshops, merchandise and Science at teh Pub live drawing - Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries, National Parks South Australia and Whyalla City Council - June & July 2023
- Exhibitor and live drawing at 2 exhibitions with Foundation & Friends of the Botanic Gardens - Artisans in the Gardens 2022 and On the Edge 2023 exhibitions
- Live drawing at Calyx, for Inside the Tide Exhibition, Royal Botanic Gardens Sydney - June 2022
- Marine Life Through Art and Imagery' series & Cuttlefest - July 2021 Whyalla, South Australia with EMS - Experiencing Marine Sanctuaries
- World Ocean Day - 30x30 focus - collaboration with University of Wollongong - May and June 2021
- Australian Wildlife Society - National Colouring-in Competition 2021 featuring colouring activity sheets from Wildcard-Sue
- Seaside Scavenge - Take 3 for the Sea and Mosman Council -clean-up events and colouring-in competition - NSW: Balmoral,10 April 2021 and October 2023
- International Women's Day Dive event with Dive Jervis Bay - 6 March 2021 - guest speaker
Want to be part of the Wildcard-Sue conservation collaboration? Please use the form below to suggest a project, organisation or campaign idea.